Veneers by Comfortable Care Dentistry
Dental veneers are custom-designed shells of ceramic material that mimic the look of real teeth. When applied over the surface of a tooth, they can cover worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, and chips or cracks. They are considered a cosmetic dentistry procedure because they improve the appearance of teeth that may be unsightly. Comfortable Care Dentistry uses porcelain veneers because they are thought to be more natural looking as they better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth and are known for their abilities to resist stains.
What are Porcelain Veneers Used For?
- Chipped Teeth
- Crooked Teeth
- Creating a "Hollywood Smile"
- Spaced Teeth
- Renewing Old Dental Work
- Misshapen Teeth
- Braces Alternative
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Bright smile: Porcelain Veneers create a radiant smile!
- Natural look and feel.
- No loss of original teeth: Your original teeth are not altered much to fit the veneer.
- Whiter Teeth: With porcelain veneers all your teeth maintain a bright white.
- Resistance: Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining.
Dental Veneers Procedure
Veneers typically take three visits to our office to complete: the initial consultation, preparation, and application. Not all patients are eligible for veneers. Your consultation will reveal your candidacy or will be able to tell if you would benefit from alternative treatments such as bonding, teeth whitening or Invisalign.
- Initial Consultation- Before a decision is made to place veneers, Dr. Kostrzewski will need to perform a full examination and evaluation of your teeth to make sure veneers are right for you. X-rays and impressions of your teeth will also need to be taken to help with the preparation stage.
- Preparation- Once you and Dr. Kostrzewski have decided that veneers are right for you, the dentist will prepare the appropriate teeth for the veneers that are to be added to the tooth surface. After this is done, we will make a model of your teeth and send it out to a lab to construct your veneers.
- Application- On your final visit, your teeth will be prepped for the application of your beautiful new veneers. The veneers are then applied and your bite is evaluated for appropriate fit and function.
To learn more about porcelain veneers or to schedule an appointment with our office, please contact us today.
Contact Comfortable Care Dentistry Today 203-951-3153